GIFT CERTIFICATE PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (UK)
PART A - INFORMATION ABOUT CROMPTON'S / THESE TERMS
About CROMPTON'S / Definitions
1) When you purchase a gift certificate on the Website, you will be purchasing the gift certificate from Crompton's Limited (Registered office: 1 Parrin Lane, Monton, Manchester, M30 8AN. Registered in England under company number 04218926. VAT number 776459083.
2) CROMPTON'S main business is providing RESTAURANT SERVICES.
3) "Guest Services " means CROMPTON'S Guest Services facility (visit the Website "Contact Us" page for up to date contact details )."Terms" means these terms and conditions. "We / us / our" means CROMPTON'S LIMITED as defined in paragraph 1 above."Website" means our website at www.watersidebarrestaurant.com. "You / your" means any person who purchases a gift certificate via the Website.
Your consent to these Terms
4) Please read these Terms carefully. By purchasing a gift certificate on the Website, you accept these Terms. If you are reading an electronic copy of these Terms, feel free to print or save a copy for your records. To obtain more information about these Terms please contact Guest Services via the "Contact Us" page of the Website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amendments to these Terms
5) CROMPTON'S reserves the right to add to or amend these Terms from time to time. Amendments will take effect when posted on the Website. Please check the Website "Privacy & Legal" section regularly for changes. If you purchase a gift certificate via the Website after any amendment to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the updated version of these Terms.
PART B - GIFT CERTIFICATE PURCHASES
Sale of Gift Certificate
6) For Website sales, we will be obliged to help in anyway in how to place your order for a gift certificate on the Website, including how to correct input errors during the ordering process. We advise you contact us if you are unsure and before you proceed to place an order on the Website.
7) The sale of individual gift certificates are subject to availability. Your order is an offer to purchase from us, and we retain the discretion to refuse your order.
8) For Website, if we accept your order, we will display a confirmation page on your screen at the end of the ordering process, and at this point there will be a contract between you and us. We will also send to you an e-mail confirmation of your completed order, for your information. We recommend that you print out a copy of the confirmation page and/or confirmation e-mail for your records.
9) It is your responsibility to check your gift certificate order as we are under no obligation to rectify mistakes after a contract has been formed. Unless otherwise expressly stated elsewhere on these Terms (see below), gift certificates cannot be cancelled, exchanged or refunded.
Right to Cancel
10) When you purchase a gift certificate from us via the Website, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days from the day after you receive these Terms from us, provided that you or the person you have sent the gift certificate to has not used the gift certificate ("Cancellation Period"). For Website, we provide these Terms at the time you place your order, and the Cancellation Period starts then.
11) If you wish to cancel your order within the Cancellation Period please contact us via the "Contact Us" page of the Website.
Gift Certificate Price
16) The gift certificate price shall be as displayed on the Website during the ordering process, except in cases of obvious error. Please note that we are not under an obligation to provide the gift certificate to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after the confirmation page has been displayed and the confirmation email has been sent to you, if such a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing. Price, delivery cost and availability information is subject to change without notice.
17) All stated prices include any applicable Value Added Tax or other tax.
18) Payment can be made by any method specified in the order process. We will deduct your payment from your card at the time we process your credit/debit card transaction. Refunds will only be made to the card used for payment.
19) Please note that the use by you or by the person to whom you have sent the gift certificate of the gift certificate is subject to the Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions of Use (UK), and these are set out in full at the end of these Gift Certificate Purchase Terms and Conditions.
No Resale of Gift Cards
20) You undertake that you will not resell or offer for resale any gift certificates (whether at a premium or otherwise). We reserve the right to suspend or cancel a gift certificate where we reasonably believe you have not complied with this undertaking.
Privacy and Security
PART C - GENERAL
(a) WE shall not be liable to you for any special, indirect or consequential losses incurred by you in any way. Any liability WE have is restricted to foreseeable losses;
(b) WE are not liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations that are caused by events outside Crompton's reasonable control;
(c) where erroneous pricing information has been given to you, and the error is obvious and could reasonably have been recognised by you as erroneous, WE will not be obliged to supply gift certificates at the erroneous price; and
(d) OUR total liability for all claims arising out of or in connection with the purchase of gift certificates via the Website shall be limited to an amount equal to the price paid by you for those gift certificates.
Scope / Governing Law / Complaints
26) These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between US and you in relation to their subject matter. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions and warranties implied by law, statute or otherwise are expressly excluded.
27) English law shall apply to the establishment of the relationship between US and you prior to your purchasing a gift certificate. These Terms, and any contract between you and US in relation to purchasing a gift certificate, are governed by English law. Any dispute between US and you regarding these Terms and/or your gift certificate will only be dealt with by the English courts, PROVIDED THAT, if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there. All information relating to the gift certificate, including these Terms, shall be supplied to you in English only, and we shall only communicate with you during any contract between us in relation to a gift certificate using the English language. There is no public filing requirement for any such contract.
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to use alternative dispute resolution. The European Commission has established a website for online dispute resolution which is available at www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/, and which is designed to assist consumers in resolving disputes online without having to go to court
28) If you have any complaint or concern regarding these Terms and/or your gift certificate purchase, please contact us via the "Contact Us" page of the Website.
CROMPTON'S GIFT CERTIFICATE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE (UK)
1. This certificate is issued by and remains the property of CROMPTON'S Limited . Use of this certificate constitutes acceptance of these terms. Nothing in these terms affects your legal rights.
2. This certificate can be used only at the restaurant. All purchases using this certificate are subject to availability, normal age restrictions, and any other applicable terms.
4. This certificate has no value until activated. The maximum value which can be loaded onto this certificate is £100. You cannot re-load or top up this certificate with value.
5. If this certificate is not used for a period of 6 months, any remaining balance of value on this card will expire.
6. Please keep this certificate secure, as if it were cash. We are not responsible if this certificate is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. We reserve the right to cancel this certificate if it reasonably suspects fraud or misconduct. Damaged, altered or cancelled certificates will not be accepted.
7. This certificate is not a credit, debit, charge or cheque guarantee card. This certificate cannot be exchanged for cash or for other vouchers/gift certificates. No change under any circumstances will be given. The voucher can only be used in one transaction per visit
8. This certificate is for your own personal non-commercial use. You may not resell this certificate.
10. All copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in and in relation to this certificate shall at all times remain the property of CROMPTON'S or its licensors.
11. CROMPTON'S reserves the right to amend these terms from time to time, to ensure compliance with law or regulation, for security reasons or to make non-material changes, and the amendment will be effective when posted online. We may also change these terms to reflect material changes to the gift certificate scheme, but we will post any material changes to these terms online at least 30 days in advance, and if you are not happy with these material changes, you can terminate your agreement with us for use of the gift certificate under these Terms no later than 90 days after the material change takes effect.
12. CROMPTON'S reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the gift certificate scheme on reasonable notice for legal, security or regulatory reasons, and any such action will be announced online. Reasonable notice will be given where possible.